Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More Embossing for SSS Wednesday Challenge

I entered a card on the first day of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (to see it click here) and now I have another one for the challenge before it closes.

This time I used a different kind of embossing - namely embossing paste. To be more precise I used Heavy gloss gel which, according to Loll you can use instead of translucent embossing paste. I had bought the gel before my trip and finally got around to playing with it. And it was fun! I used a NBUS stencil from Memory Box and made a masculine card which to me means no embellishments.


http://keepintouchcards.blogspot.com





Hope you like it! I think this glossy gel/transparent embossing paste gives a nice effect.

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Hugs,
Susanne

Stamps: Lawn Fawn (speech bubbles), Simon Says Stamp (first happy), CAS-ual Friday stamps (second happy), Avery Elle (birthday)
Dies: Lawn Fawn
Stencil: Memory Box

9 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Looks like glass tiles - fabulous!

Virginia L. said...

Oh..how I love the textures with the clear embossing! Truly lovely in every way, Susanne! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! Zehr heubsch!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Susanne :-) I love the embossing, what a fabulous idea to use gloss gel ! the speech bubble sentiments are brilliant too ,, totally love this ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Love that background! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs..
Melissa

Margaret said...

Great card - love the embossing. Margaret (Island Scraps)

Happy Dance said...

WOW, Susanne!!!! This is a fantastic manly card! I can see I have to get my hands on some of that embossing gel...enabled again, lol! Love that blue base, and all the dps for the speech bubbles. Great card! Bev

Anita in France said...

Wow, Susanne, that texture's brilliant ... such a great background to those fun speech bubbles! Anita :)

cm said...

Oh yes...this is one striking, tall, dark and handsome manly card indeed! The translucent paste/gel creates quite the impressive effect, and the dp speech bubbles are a perfect pairing. Fabulous and cool!! You know, this fits into the Inkspirational Challenge where the word prompt is "splash"...your shimmery background does have a 'water-reflective' appearance...
Hugs~c

Manuela said...

wow, das Gel sieht genial aus, steht jetzt auch auf meiner "I want Liste" ;-)
die Karte sieht toll aus!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...