Friday, May 9, 2014

More Watercolor Homework from Day 2

Thank you so much for all your encouraging comments! I love to read them all - they warm my heart! You are the best!

Today I am showing you a card that I pretty much CASEd from the card Agnieszka Malyszek made. I used my watercolor pencils (that I've had forever and don't use often enough) to make a background.




I have never used that Hello stamp (NBUS!!!) and unfortunately don't know who makes it. ETA: Anita in France told me that the stamp set is from Stampendous and it's called "Window Box"! Thanks Anita! The flower is colored with a sparkly Gel marker and I finally used some messy thread behind a panel. I love the look and admire it often on different blogs but had never done it. Next time I might try to get less ink splatters...

I also want to enter a photo over at Our Beautiful World. This weeks theme is Mirroring. I took this photo on our recent trip to NYC. I always love modern glass buildings reflecting older buildings and this one was especially interesting. But don't ask me where exactly it is...



Have a great weekend everyone!
Susanne





9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love your class work, Susanne! The background is gorgeous! And your photo is captivating! Good luck on that!

Anita in France said...

The watercolour background's gorgeous, Susanne ... fabulous with the black strip and splatters ... and that sweet sentiment! It's from Stampendous Window Box ... I have it! Cool and stunning photo! Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! Terrific photo for the prompt!! Thanks for sharing at Our Beautiful World

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Susanne, fab photo - exactly capturing the mirroring theme at OBW, thanks for playing along.

cm said...

Look at you go with the water-colouring! This card is fabulous; gorgeous background, with the colours and black splatters; the hello "pop" with its loopy thread is perfect! Fabulous! Your NYC mirror photo is super cool! WOW!! Hugs~c

Darnell said...

You aced another one, Susanne! I think your splattering and your coloring and your mess of thread are all perfection! I wouldn't change a thing!! The mirrored arty photo of the modern reflecting the vintage is stunning!! Happy Mother's Day! Hugs, Darnell

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Toller Hintergrund - das muss ich auch ausprobieren! Das Photo ist super - wo ist das denn ;)
Deine Karte verschoenert heute meinen blog - danke schoen, das war einfach so nett - jetzt musst Du mir nur noch Deinen Geburtstag verraten......

Manuela said...

Hallo Susanne, schöner Hintergrund der Karte. Es macht echt immer spaß neues Auszuprobieren:-)
Das Foto von dem Gebäude sieht echt "cool" aus, ich glaube NY ist echt ein Paradies um solche Gebäude zu fotografieren.
Toll das du mitgemacht hast bei "Our Beautiful World"
Wünsche dir eine schöne Woche, lg Manuela

Cathy said...

Gorgeous background Susanne, the watercoloring class must be a lot of fun. Love your photo too, fabulous reflection, Cathy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...