Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello crafty friends,

Even though 2014 is already 6 days "old" I would like to wish you a happy and healthy New Year with lots of time to create!

I finally took some time to play in my cleaned up space (I find it harder to create when everything is put away) and made a card with a new-to-me die from Impression Obsession. I am so in love with skylines, buildings, houses, etc. So many companies come out with stamps and dies for it, one cuter than the other - it is a real trend. And I can't resist buying them. Wait - that would mean that I am trendy for once - whoa! Miracles do happen! Anyways, when I saw this one I fell in love with it but then I didn't really know what to do with it until I found this sketch from My Favorite Things...



But I can hear you mutter "Stop blabbering and show us the card already" and here it is:




The orangey background is made with Gelatos (actually Gel Sticks) on gessoed paper and swished them with a baby wipe. 

I am also going to enter it at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge since I used a new die.

Hope that I will be posting more often now that the holidays are over, kids back in school and husband back at work...

Thank you so much for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment!

Susanne

Die: Impression Obsession
Stamp: DRS Design (stars - unmounted)
Other: Faber Castell Gel Sticks


4 comments:

Darnell said...

Good to see you back in Blogland, Susanne, and I hope to see you more often now!! Your TRENDY card is a terrific way to use your new die and as a make for that sketch! And that sunset sky is to die for!! Hugs, Darnell

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful - I have not yet used my gelatos....I guess I should take them out of their package....gessoed paper, whoa you are way ahead of me!

Emily Leiphart said...

So beautiful, Susanne! I love the scene you created with that die. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Something New!

Dora B. said...

Oh, I love the blue and orange together. Your city at sunset with dreamland approaching. Gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...